There are many dogs that like to escape the area their owners designed for their use. If so, then you should certainly consider an Electric Dog Fence. There are two types. One of the fences uses an insulated electric wire that should be buried around the perimeter of the yard. To prevent the dog from escaping from the yard, the wire emits mild electric pulses. Another type of the electric dog fence uses a dog collar to which is attached a receiver for radio waves. Though they are working differently, the two electric dog fences have the same basic function as the old traditional fences.
1. It’s humane. When people hear that these dog fences produce an “electric pulse,” they might be concerned. But these fences are not some electric schock using weapons, they just issue some mild electric pulses that will cause the dog a feeling of discomfort if he or she contacts the perimeter. You just don’t have to worry about any pain or injuriy that your dog might suffer. You can peacefully think that you managed to prevent your dog from escaping the yard, while it is safe and sound within that area.
2. It’s effective. Any type of dog fence is designed to keep the dog from escaping the place it was confined to. If it does, then it’s effective. Traditionally fence also usually work, but if you compare them to an electric fence, they are less effective. First of all, there is a gate within the standard fence, and you may keep it open sometimes. For some breeds of dogs, a traditional fence should be very high to stop it from jumping over. By choosing to use an electric dog fence, you can avoid the both types of problems of the traditional ones. There’s no gate to close, and the electric pulses or radio waves prevent your dog from trying to escape.
3. They first warn the dog This is one of the key features of an “invisible fence” for dogs. When the dog wearing a radio waves collar approaches the invisible electric fence, the collar issues a beep to signal it. The dog is intelligent enough to associate the beep with the mild electric shock coming after. As your dog does not like to feel another electric impulse, it will stop when it will hear the collar beeping.
4. Its versatile. The electric fences for dogs are designed to work anywhere within the range of the wireless transmiter included with the fence, so you can use them even indoors. That’s a huge advantage over traditional yard fences, which you probably wouldn’t consider using indoors. You can use the Electric Dog Fence to keep the dog inside a specific room.
5. It is not pricey The cost for an electric dog fence is quite low. That can be a particularly welcome feature if you have a large yard, since traditional fencing can be quite pricey. And when you consider all of the benefits of an electric fence for dogs, it certainly provides a high amount of value for you. But is a huge advantage to the traditional fence.
Many owners have problems keeping their dogs within a particular area. They should better consider an Electric Dog Fence. People can use the Electric Dog Fence to keep the dog inside a specific room.